Death With Dignitym2

2014 was thought to be my last year here
a diary of posts by Robert M

 

At the age of fifteen I contracted acute rheumatic fever, was in quarantine the first three days of the twelve days I was hospitalized. From that moment on was doomed to have a different life than most other people, I was a “severe” medical risk, a time bomb set in slow motion. At that time I did not know what was in store for me, though I was told some scary stories and that I wouldn’t live past the age of 45. And if I did live past that, it would only because I would have had parts of my heart, if not my whole heart replaced.

Robert M's First Call Into The Norman Goldman Show

Contact me at info@Dying-With-Dignity.com and please Skype me using my Skype name: Dying.With.Dignity

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Al Jazeera News!

Hey everyone, sorry I have not been good at my blogging duties, but I’ve been busy trying to get some things accomplished. Hopefully it will all mesh together. Though it is now Tuesday officially, it is still Monday night to me and earlier this evening I went to TV studio here in Denver and was on the Al Jazeera evening news!

The news anchor is John Seigenthaler and there are two sides of opinion, mine “Dying with Dignity” and John Kelly’s “Not Dead Yet”. I honestly don’t agree with most anything he is saying on this issue and his situation is very, very different than mine. And when you listen to him and check out the organization, they are speaking out as if everyone is severely disabled and that everyone can just endure the pain if they have enough “support”. Some of John Kelly’s statements this evening when applied to my situation simply made no logical sense in my book.

And bottom line, that’s the whole point. This is a personal choice that belongs to each individual and no one is to decide but the individual and John Kelly is trying his best to decide for me. That I will not allow. All the doctors and surgeons agree it is my right to not get another aortic valve replacement, if I choose not to. Then why don’t I also have that right to decide when and how my life ends, rather than drag it on to where I basically drown in my own blood as my heart can no longer pump out.

1 comment:

Eweforia said...

Hi Robert,

Despite the apples and oranges nature of pitting you against John Kelley in this debate, you took good advantage of the opportunities to make some strong points in favor of self-determination and personal choice. I live in Colorado, too, and am trying to decide how best to influence the death with dignity movement and support personal choice (while opposing either State or Federal involvement in the matter). I commend you on the work you've done in this regard and wish you the best.

Facebookround3Dbutton128w1 paypaldonatebutton2140w2

Back to the HOME website

Below is the audio clip from the Norman Goldman Show that started this all off for me.

paypaldonatebutton2140w
Facebookround3Dbutton128w
deathcover960w
paypaldonatebutton2140w1 paypaldonatebutton2140w