Death With Dignitym2

2014 was thought to be my last year here
a diary of posts by Robert M

 

At the age of fifteen I contracted acute rheumatic fever, was in quarantine the first three days of the twelve days I was hospitalized. From that moment on was doomed to have a different life than most other people, I was a “severe” medical risk, a time bomb set in slow motion. At that time I did not know what was in store for me, though I was told some scary stories and that I wouldn’t live past the age of 45. And if I did live past that, it would only because I would have had parts of my heart, if not my whole heart replaced.

Robert M's First Call Into The Norman Goldman Show

Contact me at info@Dying-With-Dignity.com and please Skype me using my Skype name: Dying.With.Dignity

Friday, February 27, 2015

Big News!

Well, it has been a while since I have last posted here. It’s just been too crazy lately and me too depressed about things.

It is Friday, February 27th, 2015 and my bovine aortic heart valve has been kicking now longer than almost anyone else’s that have been installed ever. They are almost always replaced well before they are 15 years ago. Today mine is 15 years, three months and ten days old!

The last two months I have been going to the CU Medical Center in Aurora, CO for testing procedures to see if I was a true candidate for this quite bizarre operation where they will replace the aortic heart valve WITHOUT open heart surgery! Yes, without opening my chest!



The procedure they decided I shall have is the Transfemoral one above on the left. There will also be a wire that will go through my right wrist and into one of the heart chambers, as well they will be going in through my neck and IV in my arm. That’s all freaky enough! 

I’ve been trying my best to prepare myself mentally for this procedure and it is difficult not to just wish this was all just a dream and I’ve not woken up yet. 

As far as my daily life, I’m now in DIRE STRAITS as I have not paid but $200.00 towards my rent for January, nothing towards February and it is almost March. My internet will be turned off soon and I’m locked out of my storage unit as of yesterday! 

I have no idea how I am going to make it through all of this trying to recover. I’m never going to be able to go back into the electrical trade as my hands, wrists, elbows, knees and shoulders are shot after four decades of construction work and skiing accidents. 

One month ago I was told that my medical condition is severe enough that I qualify for the operation. Then I was told that the research company (the makers of this special valve) would NOT pay for the procedure because I did not meet their administrative protocols! Bummer! 

Then I was told a week later that the CU surgeons were turned down my Medicaid to pay for this. So the operation was not going to happen they told me on the phone. Three hours later they called back to say that the doctors were going to try to do a “peer to peer” to get this approved my Medicaid.

The following week I got the phone call that Medicaid will cover this procedure! This is not yet FDA approved, so it took special paperwork.

Folks! This would have NEVER happened if not for OBAMACARE! 

The doctors/surgeons are surprised that the rest of me is doing as well as it has been for my heart being in such a critical condition. They say that I should be considerably swelled up at this point in time.

My ankles are expected to be twice the normal size, as well as swelling with the rest of my limbs. I should be in more pain and less mobile and the doctors do not know why I am like this. But I think I know what the answer is here: 

My specialized cannabis treatment is what is helping me maintain and stay as “normal” as possible. CBD cannabinoids fight inflammation 20 times more than aspirin! My CBD/CBN medication stops the nuero pain that I have from the scar tissue damage that was done to the nerves around my heart during the original operation. The THC medication helps to stop the other pains I have to endure.

Plus the Cannabis Meds are keeping me in a “healthier” condition than I would certainly otherwise be! I am now primarily taking the United Cannabis/River Rock Prana products. Recently I started using the P3 and P4 drops. These are AMAZING! I only use two drops from an eyedropper of both the P3 and P4 two to three times daily! Big Pharma has nothing like this, nothing that works this well in the pharmacies and once home I won’t be taking any opiates for pain. 

If there is anyone out there that can help my financial situation, I could sure use the help! The best way to donate, so that there are no transfer fees is via Square.com/cash all you need is a debit card to use this service and just use my email address of r@rgator.com and the funds will go directly and automatically into my credit union checking account. 

If you do not have a debit card, then please use my PayPal link:

This sure has been a crazy roller coaster ride! Both emotionally, physically and financially! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Robert, I so wish I could help you financially. If I could, I truly would. What I can do though is to hold you in my thoughts and send you much love across the oceans that separate us. I do hope you get some financial assistance. Lee, DignitySA

Facebookround3Dbutton128w1 paypaldonatebutton2140w2

Back to the HOME website

Below is the audio clip from the Norman Goldman Show that started this all off for me.

paypaldonatebutton2140w
Facebookround3Dbutton128w
deathcover960w
paypaldonatebutton2140w1 paypaldonatebutton2140w