Death With Dignitym2

2014 was thought to be my last year here
a diary of posts by Robert M

 

At the age of fifteen I contracted acute rheumatic fever, was in quarantine the first three days of the twelve days I was hospitalized. From that moment on was doomed to have a different life than most other people, I was a “severe” medical risk, a time bomb set in slow motion. At that time I did not know what was in store for me, though I was told some scary stories and that I wouldn’t live past the age of 45. And if I did live past that, it would only because I would have had parts of my heart, if not my whole heart replaced.

Robert M's First Call Into The Norman Goldman Show

Contact me at info@Dying-With-Dignity.com and please Skype me using my Skype name: Dying.With.Dignity

Friday, April 11, 2014

Getting assistance during your last months

More updating of what has been going on with me and my situation. It is so damned crazy how things work out here in the USA and in Denver, CO as well. My “ObamaCare” kicked in, by that I mean the Medicaid has gone in affect for me now and I am seeing immediate savings!

A couple weeks ago I had an echocardiogram and a zero co-pay! It normally would have been $2.00 but they were having a “glitch” in charging at the moment. My previous one was a $15.00 co-pay.

I’ve talked with a social worker with Denver Health to find out about any assistance I might be able to get other than the Medicaid and Food Stamps I am receiving now. It has been getting pretty tough to get any kind of computer work done lately and there’s no other type of work I can do. In fact, I have paperwork from my doctor stating that I can not work now.

Here in Denver I have the option to get the aortic heart valve replacement surgery and all the medical follow up care. They have a great medical system here, but I do NOT want to get the surgery done again. We are talking at least $150,000.00 worth of medical bills being covered. But yet there is nothing in place to help take care of someone when they do not want the surgery.

You would think that the hospice money that kicks in when you’re in my condition could cover my rent, but that is not how it works. For the most part hospice is for profit and you play by their rules. If I have home hospice, that can help with cooking, cleaning, shopping and the like. But it doesn’t help you maintain a place to live UNLESS you live at a place other than yours! That’s bullshit!

(You see, there is this automatic money that kicks in as soon as a doctor does the paperwork saying you in most likelihood with be dead in six months or less. That money is NOT for you really, but for the agencies and corporations that get to take taxpayer’s money every time someone is about to die. It is a scam.)

So the social worker told me about a month ago she would send an application to see if I could get this grant, that if approved would pay for three month’s rent. I was told two days ago that I was not approved because I won’t be able to better or advance myself with the use of this grant! Dying doesn’t fit into the rules!

At that same time last month I was able to get help applying for Social Security and SSI at Denver Health and my situation allowed them to use the “expedite” forms. So for the last two weeks now I’ve been getting various forms of paperwork back from the Social Security departments! Two days ago I get this letter from them listing all of the things I have in my claim.

I noticed some things are wrong and decided to use the phone number they suggest in the paperwork and asked for the person listed. It was a short wait and then I got to leave a message. I got a call back a little later the same day and she said that I do not have to worry about the corrections until I am approved. That had me to ask, “Approve what? I supplied actual documented doctor forms and was told this would be expedited.” She replied back that it is being expedited, but wait a minute and she would confirm that.

She came back on and said that my case is being expedited and I should hear back from them in five to six months! I told her I will probably not be alive that long. She said that’s all that can be done for now.

So it is getting pretty tough to survive/stay in my apartment these days! The last two months a good friend has volunteered to pay my rent, but I can not expect for that to keep happening. I need to find some kind of real sponsor!

No comments:

Facebookround3Dbutton128w1 paypaldonatebutton2140w2

Back to the HOME website

Below is the audio clip from the Norman Goldman Show that started this all off for me.

paypaldonatebutton2140w
Facebookround3Dbutton128w
deathcover960w
paypaldonatebutton2140w1 paypaldonatebutton2140w